Saturday, December 17, 2011

Miss Tourism under Pressure

Miss Tourism Zimbabwe Rumbidzai Mudzengerere, who is in Xian China for the grand finale of Miss Tourism Queen International  said she is going through, “a lot of pressure,” but vowed the pressure “won’t affect me now because I am going to take each day as it comes and worry about the finale when the time comes.”


Rumbidzai Mudzengerere in Xian China
Mudzengerere who is in China for the 2nd time says this time, “it’s a whole new experience, the first time I came here was in June when we came with the other beauty queens for the Beijing International Tourism Expo (BITE).”

She goes on to mention how they toured the city, visited the great wall, and the Olympics stadium but now, “I am in Xian which is a more cultural city, with traditional architecture on most buildings,” she said.

The beauty queen who arrived in camp on the evening of December 12, 2011 is sharing a room with Isabella Manjon a Philippines representative and is so far the only African who will compete against 104 contestants.
Mudzengerere also mentioned she was facing challenges when communicating with some of the girls who could not speak English.

Meanwhile, Mudzengerere had this to say to Zimbabweans, “Zimbabwe, please send me some sunshine. My message to Zimbabwe is that the competition is stiff and the girls are beautiful but I will do my best and not give up. Please keep supporting me.”

from Zimbo Jam by Anozivashe Shumba

No comments:

Post a Comment