Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rumbi Mudzengere Ready to win Hearts

As the grand finale of Miss Tourism Queen International draws near, Zimbabwe’s representative Rumbidzai  Mudzengerere says she ready to win the hearts of the panel of Judges in Xian , China where she is scheduled to be in camp for almost a month with 120 girls from other countries.
Rumbidzai Mudzengerere, Malaika Mushandu and Lisa Morgan ^ (L to R) Miss Tourism Zimbabwe, Rumbi Mudzengerere, Miss Zimbabwe, Malaika Mushandu and Miss Universe Zimbabwe, Lisa Morgan.

Rumbi who is leaving the country today Friday, December 02, 2011 told Zimbo Jam that renowned Sculpture Dominic Benhura presented her with a stone carving as a free gift which she is supposed to carry to the high profile pageant show. The piece of art according to Mudzengerere, is a lady with open arms thus sending a message that everyone is welcome to Zimbabwe.
 Mudzengerere who recently graduated with a Bsc Honors Sociology and Gender Development Studies at the Women’s University, claimed that her educational background was something she was banking on and was convinced it will play an important role in her clinching the title.
 “One thing I know is I have the confidence and one thing I will never do is to give up;I am going to give it my all,” said Mudzengere.
Commenting on her national regalia, the beauty queen cited she purchased most of the clothing alone but she was quick to point out that her confidant Alice Knuth whom she has worked with for a long time was working with her. She added that her relationship with Knuth has aided in her shows such as Zimbabwe Fashion Week  and the Castle Tankard Fashion Show.
Rumbidzai said so far the organizers of the show have not informed them about the segments of the show. She said that she was only aware of three segments which are national dress, outfit for talent and regalia for disco.
Meanwhile, Mudzengerere dismissed the article which came in the Herald which read I Want to Emulate Malaika citing that the reporter misquoted her when she said Miss Zimbabwe inspired her, “I didn’t say that, that article was written when I was out of the country. What I said was that Malaika inspires me. I actually don’t compare myself with anyone.”
Responding to the question on what she learnt from Miss Zimbabwe, Malaika Mushandu,  Rumbidzai cried foul of Malaika’s failure to appear in the Top 7 of the finalists to compete for the title of Miss World.
 “I actually don’t blame Malaika, but the organizers, they did not announce her during the show but it was done on the website and as far as I am concerned she deserved to be in the Top 7.”
The beauty queen is very optimistic about winning saying, “The first thing I would do when I win is to parade the streets, I would like to have an out door press briefing where everyone is free to come and witness. I also want to spend my time with my family, they have been very supportive.”
If Mudzengere manages to bring home the Miss Tourism Queen International title, she will no longer be active in pageant shows , “I want to go off the ramp and do photography, advertising. I will also continue as a presenter for Youth.com and View point,” she said.
Mudzengerere who has been running  tourism clubs in schools in the Midlands province has so far toured Germany (International Tourism Bourse), Poland (ZTA Brand Launch), South Africa, Durban (ZTA Indaba), Brazil (ZTA Brand Launch), China (Beijing International Tourism Expo), Botswana (Miss Botswana Pageant Show) and Malawi (Ball Concert).
As part of her preparations for this majestic event, Rumbi is going to the gym everyday, taking care of her skin, she is taking advice from Lisa and Malaika of what she is likely to expect. Above all she said, “Zimbabwe Gossip Model has been of great help because they have already started grooming and rehearsing for my walk.”
From Zimbo Jam by Anozivashe Shumba

No comments:

Post a Comment